Friday, December 25, 2015

Xmas Eve

How'd you do out there? Last post was Monday...dared you to lay off alcohol, to walk 20min a day, and to be positive. Not huge goals...

I did alright...but haha, no alcohol this week, not gonna happen- at least my current lifestyle. But had a great week- got a lot done, and sometimes it's good to let loose re: diet. You gotta live a little. And if you swing wide like everyone else, well, guess what- you have 51 weeks to change your course before next Xmas.

It is worth thinking about briefly what you ate, it's lure, and how you felt afterwards. Basically- beer continues to be a lure. It's cheap, less alcohol content than liquor, and easy, cold, and refreshing. But after, the next day- super bloated and gross feeling. You really notice them when you haven't been drinking it.

Another lure is nachos...chips w melted cheese and protein isn't the worst- but it's not great either. Chips in general have crept into my diet in a big way. Not cool overall. You feel ill later.

Various proteins in bread...like a breakfast sandwich at Starbucks or a meatball sub. This happens a lot the next day after a late night.

Bagels. Obviously not cool.

Cheese- specifically cottage cheese and cream cheese too. Not cool but it's become a staple.

Anyway- super fun Xmas in Ojai...but too many carbs.
Be safe out there ;)
G

Side note- I wonder sometimes if binge carb eating is actually good for you. I notice that if I have a bunch of breads and sugars, I'll feel crappy for a while, but after getting it out of my system, will feel better and more energized- as well as stronger. I fed crave them in the mornings and when I've also poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment