Thursday, November 12, 2015

Day 4- Arms and Shoulder


Thursday- Nov 12, 2015

Excited for today's workout...I actually love working arms and shoulders. Legs is probably my least favorite day. But Arms is a lot of fun. You feel strong and powerful...Think that was initially why I started lifting. So it's nice to get back to that feeling of strength. That's one reason I try not to work to failure. I like to feel like I still have gas in the tank.

Coming up-
4 Exercises- 4 sets- 10 reps
Incline Bicep Curls
Tricep Dips
Lateral Raises
Shoulder Press

I'm also going to do sprints today- as my cardio conditioning blows these days.

I have to say- have not been successful at not drinking during the week. Mon- Ojai. Tues- Blue Whale Wed- Seven Grand... My social life revolves around music and drinking. I'm not drinking beer much- but still, most of the time, if you drink at night, you will eat at night. Beyond that, the money expenditure is not good. I've begun to see more and more that money is actually an integral part of health. Getting organic foods, paying for a gym membership, having gas to get to the gym, etc- it all costs money.

Beyond that- I've been pleased with my return to Paleo eating. Just made scrambled eggs for breakfast. The eggs were pricey, $6 for 12 at the local Farmer's Market. Veggie fed, Free range. Local farm. Cooked in extra virgin olive oil w spinach and tapatio. Having cheapo MX espresso too, as I write this. What you put in your body, determines what you get out. Also- sleep, and relaxation are important. Believe it or not, my thinking is the more you can align yourself with the rhythms of the earth, the healthier you will be. If you go to sleep when it's dark and wake up when it's light- that's pretty much what you're body is dialed in to do. If you work nights, and hang out under flurescent lights- no bueno.

I'm also getting down with the fish oil and some other supplements. Strive to get healthy and you will get wealthy.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment